BELMONT (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) – On the Belmont High School Wikipedia page, it's known simply as the "luau school."
In 2005, several Belmont High School students were rushed to the hospital with alcohol poisoning.
The dance ended early that year, and 12 students were suspended.
Since then, Belmont High School administrators have slashed the number of dances every year at the school and reduced the hours.
However, that hasn't reportedly stopped students from showing up drunk.
Interim Superintendent Dr. Thomas Kingston says Belmont is putting together a plan to reduce drinking at school functions, and it involves the use of breathalyzers.
Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/20586536/belmont-to-begin-breathalyzing-students-before-dances#ixzz2I3AcbPup